GMC Prep At A Glance

  • Public, independent school serving students in grades Kindergarten through 12, day students only  
  • Accredited continuously by AdvancED/SACSCASI/COGNIA since 1928
  • Faculty and Administration certified by Georgia Professional Standards Commission
  • A leadership institute grounded in Character Above All and Duty, Honor, Country
  • Annual tuition and fees for SY22-23 = $5,725
  • Presidential and GMC Foundation Scholarships provide financial assistance to our students based on financial need
  • SY 21-22 Student enrollment in grades K-12 was 846
    • 317 in High School, 275 in Middle School, 254 in Elementary School.
    • 53% Female, 47% Male
    • 78% Caucasian, 22% Minority 
    • 77% of students are Baldwin County residents with the remaining 23% coming from eight surrounding counties


College Prep Academics


Character Development

  • Embodies mission of Elevating the Character in all aspects of school’s culture
  • All students bound by GMC Honor Code, “A Cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, nor tolerate those who do.”
  • Emphasis on community service; over 250 students honored with a Distinguished Order of the Servant Leader medal for completing 100 hours of community service within one year
  • Beginning with the Class of 2014, each class has established a “Class of” Scholarship to leave a lasting legacy to future GMC Prep students. The Classes of 2014 through 2022 have raised funds to fully endow their class scholarships thereby providing financial assistance to future cadets in the Prep School



Leadership (6th– 12th grades) and Junior ROTC (9th– 12th grades)

  • Provides daily leadership opportunities through positions of increasing responsibility and rank structure designed to maximize leader development in every student  
  • Cadet uniforms worn by all students in grades 6-12 and all faculty
  • Student-led military ceremonies including daily morning formation, drill, and parades
  • Military focused Extra-Curricular Activities include Color Guard, Drill Team, and Raiders
  • All High School students are members of our JROTC program; which has achieved the recognition of being an “Honor Unit with Distinction” (Gold Star Program) for the past 22 years
  • From 2014 through 2021, at least one student each year has received a Congressional Appointment and Acceptance to a United States Service Academy.  There are currently 3 Prep School graduates attending a Service Academy. 


Athletics/Fine Arts/Community Service/Servant Leadership Opportunities

  • Full athletic program for grades 6-12 with our High School teams competing as a member of the Georgia High School Association (GHSA). 
  • Junior Bulldog athletic program, “Pups,” for grades 3-5 in Football, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Basketball, Wrestling, and Soccer.
  • Fine Arts Program – Concert Band for grades 6-12, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Literary Team, One Act Play, Elementary Musical Theatre, Middle School Musical Theatre, High School Musical Theatre, and Visual Arts
  • School/Community service organizations and Honor Societies – Chick-fil-A Leadership Academy, Student Leadership Association, American Legion Junior Auxiliary, National Honor Society, Junior and Senior Beta, Mu Alpha Theta, Spanish Honor Society, Thespian Honor Society, Rho Kappa
  • International Summer Exchange Program with the Royal Hospital School in the United Kingdom
  • Elementary Opportunities – Art Club, Baldwin County CHAMPS, 4-H, STEM Club, Jr. Beta Club
  • Engagement with distinguished alumni, state dignitaries, and renowned national leaders who are experts in their fields


National and State Team Championship Titles

  • 2022, 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 GHSA Class A Public Literary State Champions 
  • 2021, 2019 GHSA Class A Public Boys Soccer State Champions
  • 2021 Rifle GHSA State Champions
  • 2018, 2017, 2016, 2013, 2012 GHSA Class A Public Boys Cross Country State Champions
  • 2022, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014 Mixed Raider State Champions
  • 2022 Male Raider State Champions
  • 2022 Female Raider State Champions
  • 2021, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2013 GHSA Class A Public One-Act Play State Champions
  • 2016, 2015 GHSA Class A Public Girls Track State Champions
  • 2015, 2014 GHSA Class A Public State Softball Champions 
  • 2015 Mixed Raider National Champions