NewDay USA Scholarships
Georgia Military College’s relationship with the NewDay USA Foundation began in 2016 when they provided scholarships to 8 ($41,409) GMC Prep School students; this relationship has grown and flourished, and this year we have 52 NewDay USA Scholars ($319,800). These scholarships, which flow from the NewDay USA Foundation through the Georgia Military College Foundation, provide families with limited financial ability the opportunity for their children to attend the Preparatory School with all tuition and fees paid. Our community is truly blessed to have the NewDay USA Foundation to support our students.
The NewDay USA Foundation provides two scholarships to Preparatory Students:
· Allan B. Posner Foundation Scholarship is dedicated to assisting Gold Star families and families who have a parent or guardian that is 100% combat-disabled and have a demonstrated financial need.
· Diversity and Leadership Foundation Scholarship is dedicated to assisting new students entering the Prep School for the first time who have a demonstrated financial need.
· Applicants must schedule a meeting with the Prep School Assistant Superintendent--Pam Grant firstname.lastname@example.org /478 387-4784. The Assistant Superintendent will require all applicants for the Allan B. Posner Scholarship to bring a copy of their DD214 and either the Gold Star classification documentation or documentation stating that the parent/guardian is 100% combat disabled to the initial meeting.
· The application period opens on Columbus Day (second Monday of October) of the year before the beginning of the school year and ends the Friday before Thanksgiving (third Friday in November) of the year before the beginning of the school year.
· To begin the application process, please click the following link.
· All documentation must be completed by January 31st of the year the student will be entering the Prep School in the Fall.
Families will be notified of Scholarship Awards in the Spring prior to admission to GMC Preparatory School.
GMC Student Accounts
478-387-4847 option 1
Located in Parham Hall (across the street from GMC’s South Gate)